Tuesday, November 17, 2009

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY ELECTRICITY FREE EXTRAVAGANZA!

November 8th: This particular Sunday was glorious. Free of guilt I took a super long nap in the afternoon on the couch with the windows open. I also went to Lake Griffy for a loooooong leisurely walk. It was great to spend time crunching through the leaves, knowing that I wasn't allowed to work on the computer or check my phone, so I took my time instead of rushing back. I did want a hot lunch, but instead I had granola and fruit. I also finished reading a novel that I started several weeks ago, and began a second. Managed to put away the clean laundry that has been languishing on my floor for the past week and a half. Swept out the garage.

November 15: Woke up and wanted hot tea and toast... boo. Ate a banana, a handful of peanuts and had some tap water with Emergen-C. Had a tango workshop that lasted for a couple hours so both mind and body were occupied. Came home and found myself turning on my computer to check my email, didn't have anything pressing, but was thoroughly annoyed that I've committed to 8 hours without that technology, turned it back off. Went to
Griffy for a walk. Read some in Art & Fear which was a good thing. Had to fight to not pick up the laptop. Really wish I would have only committed to four or five hours. Unfortunately I broke down at the five hour mark, checked my email and looked at job postings, listened to some music. Being a lapsed catholic, I've felt guilty about it for the past two days as there was no good reason that I broke down.

No comments:

Post a Comment