Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Procrastination....the eighth deadliest sin.

So, I have (some may say severely, oops!) neglected the actual blogging portion of this project...
But here is what happpened...

I moved to Bloomington in August. Being in a unfamiliar place you kind of knock out old habits while trying to find some sence of normalcy in a new place. Things you were used to doing on a regular basis that are "unnessessary" during an adjustment period. Sadly, the thing I avoided doing when I arrived in Bloomington was recyling.

Well, I had been here for weeks feeling guilty for not disposing of things in a responsible fashion, and there were all sorts of excuses for just throwing things away. "I'm not exactly sure where the center is", or "Well, I think I will need one of those fancy blue bins to set out by the road", and even "Well, if I am not home much not a whole lot is getting thrown away".

Ri-diculous.

Needless to say I was really excited when I heard about this project. It was the perfect "excuse" to get back into the habit of recycling.

Since the start of the five weeks I have been dumping stuff off at the recycling center religiously. By that, I mean once a week. I found my self going through the trash at home to dig out things that my roomate had tossed in (no names, wink wink), and unloading the amazing collection of glass that the metals studio accumulated over a period of time (I think I know who is responsible for all of those empty bottles of wine ....) I was dissapointed that they did not accept styrofoam, but the dissapointment faded slightly when I discovered the "Place and grab" Magazine rack, where you can swap out one of your (roomates...haha!) old cosmos for a titillating architectural digest.

Amazing.


Also, the center that I "couldn't find" is no more than a quarter mile down the street...
...so there is no valid excuse to not do it

No comments:

Post a Comment