Friday, October 30, 2009

Week One: No Waste

So far I've been pretty close to achieving my goal of no food waste. My shopping trip ended up being much more intentional that usual and as a result I spent a lot less than normal. Every item I picked up an item considered the actual possibility eating the entire thing. Unfortunately, I did have one slip-up this week. I was finishing up some left-overs from a crock-pot stew and went to answer my phone. When I came back to the couch my dog had his front paws on the coffee table and was gobbling down as much stew as he could. I had to make pretty tough judgement call but since there was only a few bites left, and although I love the little guy, I just can't cross into that realm of eating out of the same bowl as him. I decided to let the remaining food be my one defeat of the week. Hopefully, I can remember to be more careful about where I leave the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment