Wednesday, October 28, 2009

a boy and his squirrel (now thats some local eatin')



Name: Phil Haralam
Age: 29
Occupation: student/ associate instructor of art
Place of Residence: Bloomington , IN

1. I would like to eat food that is grown and produced locally to Bloomington, IN. If at times this becomes impossible, I would like to become more aware of where and how far the food has traveled.

2. Food that is shipped must have preservatives and other elements that do not add to its quality or healthiness. Also, the additional amount of petroleum needed to transport this food is wasteful and unnecessary.

3. I will read all labels to determine where the food is grown or packaged. I will also start going to the farmers market and the local grocers like Bloomingfoods to get local food.

4. Becoming aware of what is available from local farmers and food producers will make it easier to choose local over national or international foodstuffs. The less my food has to travel the less impact I have on the environment.

sentence for plate: Eating a local apple a day keeps the guilt away.

No comments:

Post a Comment